Rules of the game: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you.
To do this, go to the "notes" tab on your profile page, click on "write new note," paste these instructions into the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the upper right hand corner, then click "publish".
I don't know what else I can reveal that wasn't on Active Rain. Here is 25 pieces of crap rolling around in my brain that you are just *dying* to know:
- My lovely wife Darnelle ahs the ability to put up with me, which makes her exceptional. She was born and raised in Central Oahu. We have two sons one in 12th grade and one in second grade.
- For Christmas I bought the video game Rock Band® for my sons. I have since got hooked on playing with my family. I like the guitar best. My wife was not happy I bought it. Now she plays too.
- Many years ago I played tournament 9-ball. I also sold custom pools cues and was part owner of a small pool cue factory for a short time. My personal cue was custom made for me and was nicknamed Doom, my break stick was called Boom. (Boom and Doom). I gave up the game several years ago.
- I have a weird sense of humor. I can pull your leg and keep a straight face throughout.
- Love to play Texas Holdem. Possibly my ability to keep a straight face gives me an edge in Poker. I win a lot more than I lose at our weekly game.
- I lost 220 lbs a couple of years ago. It took me 12 months to do it. Since then I gained back 20lbs of it. Most people think I lost more weight. I am setting a goal of losing the 20 back off by summer.
- For the last 13 years I have taught chess mostly to children at the local recreation center. I am president of the Hawaii Chess Federation, organize many of the chess tournaments on the island and head up the chess in the Schools program. Both of my sons have won state titles. My wife used to have the e-mail address of ChessWydow. She now has ChessMom.
- Love rock music. My favorite groups were: Led Zepplin, Van Halen, Foreigner, Fog Hat, Rush and Gun N Roses.
- Born in Wisconsin and grew up in Chicago. I moved to Hawaii in 1981 and call it home. Everywhere else is a place to visit.
- A regular listener of talk radio. Some of my favorite shows are: Bruce Williams and Kim Komando.
- I volunteer with several community groups and sit and a few boards and commissions. I am a state civil defense commissioner for Hawaii.
- Being a fiscal and social conservative, I believe that government is almost always the problem and not the solution. I am generous and believe in helping those who need help, but not creating a dependant class of citizens. I feel the best place for your hard earned money is in your pocket and not the governments.
- I was tagged by Chris Griffith who hates lima beans and beets. We have that in common. I would gag if beet juice got on my plate.
- Originally licensed to sell real estate in 1982. I got into to the printing industry and spent most of the years in between selling machinery band supplies there. 6 years ago I got back into real estate and plan to do it until retirement.
- Active Rain has been one of my favorite places on the internet. It has changed the way real estate professionals communicate with each other and the public. I have attended several gatherings of its members.
- I am new to Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter. They are proving to be a great way to meet people, and for folks to find me.
- Great movies need to have: humor, violence and sex. Two of the three are required for a good movie. I love movies that are entertaining and refuse to pay for someone to push a political agenda to me.
- I sell real estate and love what I do. I am good at it and constantly take classes to get better. My greatest reward is seeing the faces on first time home buyers when I hand them the keys. I feel extremely honored to work with many of our military families. I am so proud of and grateful for what they do for all of us.
- Some of my favorite movies are: Animal House, Caddy Shack, Rudy, Ferris Bueller's Day off.
- Was the first of my friends to own a personal computer. I remember turning it on and watching the curser waiting for it to do something. It had two floppy drives and no hard drive.
- Love pizza and chili. As I have gotten older I have to avoid the beans. You can figure that one out. Italian, Chinese and Mexican and my favorite types of food.
- After many years of not going to the beach, I have gotten hooked on skin diving again.
- After several years of not reading any books I got back into reading again. My most recent and favorite was, "Real Estate the Rome Way." It was written by fellow Active Rain blogger Margaret Rome.
- My favorite weekend activity is attending my sons sporting events. When I was younger I played several sports and no can live vicariously through them.
- Besides the many hats I wear I recently became a mediator and ombudsman for the Board of REALTORS®.
Randy L. Prothero, REALTOR®
Broker-in-Charge, ABR, AHWD, CRB, CRS, e-PRO, GRI, MRP, SFR
Team Leader - "The Prothero Group"
Randy Prothero is well established as an expert in working with military / VA clients and first time home buyers. His home seller's (listing) campaign is one of the most aggressive marketing programs in the area. His luxury home listings sell faster and for more money.
Based out of Mililani, Hawaii. Randy services the island of Oahu (Honolulu County) Performs mediations and ombudsman services for the Board of Realtors. To improve overall professionalism in his area Randy also offers classes for real estate agents.