While getting my Active Rain morning fix I received a message that I have been MEME'd by Neal Bloom, who is a really cool blogger. My dirty laundry? I have now been MEME'd
Well here is my life:
I am a husband and father of two boys, one in high school and one in kindergartener. My wife and I have been happily married for 12 years. At the time we got married my wife had a three year son, Daniel. I became his dad, a responsibility and joy I gladly took on. We waited a few years mostly for me to grow up. My wife finally gave up on that ever happening and added our next big joy in our lives, Jacob.
What little spare time I have is spent teaching chess and organizing events. Both of my son's play competitively and have won a few trophies and medals each. My youngest Jacob is the Kindergarten current state chess champ. He also plays soccer and nicknamed his right foot: "Thunder Foot"
My oldest Daniel plays center for the Mililani High School football team. He now out weighs me by a bunch. I day I never thought was possible. If you read further down I will explain that remark.
My wife Darnelle is the love of my life and she keeps me feeling young. She has the patience of a saint when it comes to me. Without that I would have driven her crazy years ago.
I was born in Racine, Wisconsin. I grew up in Logan Square, a neighborhood on the northwest side of Chicago. At age 18 I took a month off and spent it in Hawaii. I stayed with my older half brother Russ and his family, who originally came to Hawaii in the Marine Corp. After visiting a 2nd time I decided Hawaii was the place to live. A couple of years later in 1982, I made Hawaii my home and have never regretted it.
I spent many of those years in the printing and graphics industry, which took me to Phoenix, the San Francisco Bay area and Los Angeles. After a few years of traveling almost full time I came back to Hawaii (home). A few years later I met my wife Darnelle and have planted my roots even deeper here.
1) I hate to wear a tie. Fortunately in Hawaii, aloha shirts are the closest thing to a tuxedo. I wear golf shirts with my name and Century 21 logo embroidered on it.
2) I heavily volunteer in the community and sit on several boards including:
- Commissioner, State Civil Defense Advisory Council
- Vice-chairman, Honolulu Board of Realtors, Leeward Region
- President, Hawaii Chess Federation a501(c)3
- Vice-President, Director, Mililani Chess Club a501(c)3
- Vice Chairman, Mililani Drug Free
- Vice President Mililani Garden Homes AOAO
I have also volunteered and sat on boards for several other non-profits and community groups and have been politically active over the years. My community involvement was one of the things that drew me back to real estate. It seemed like a natural business for me.
3) I enjoy technology and have been building my own websites for several years. My Treo phone does not have internet. I get to many e-mails and the screen is too small for my liking. I carry a laptop with a Sprint Card along and always have a digital camera with me.
4) I have been on a strict doctor supervised diet to get better control of my health. I just stepped on the scale this morning have lost 128 lbs so far. I will hold off on posting pictures for a couple more months; mostly because I need to take new ones.
5) My slogan is "Not Just Another Pretty." I came up with it late one night when getting my very first ad together. I decided that humor would be part of my advertising. I looked through several publications with many real estate ads that had glamour shots from 20 years ago of agents in my area. I am just not the glamour shot. It then hit me and has been my slogan ever since. You have to have a mug like mine to pull that one off.
Hopefully no one else has zapped them already.
Randy L. Prothero, REALTOR®
Broker-in-Charge, ABR, AHWD, CRB, CRS, e-PRO, GRI, MRP, SFR
Team Leader - "The Prothero Group"
Randy Prothero is well established as an expert in working with military / VA clients and first time home buyers. His home seller's (listing) campaign is one of the most aggressive marketing programs in the area. His luxury home listings sell faster and for more money.
Based out of Mililani, Hawaii. Randy services the island of Oahu (Honolulu County) Performs mediations and ombudsman services for the Board of Realtors. To improve overall professionalism in his area Randy also offers classes for real estate agents.