A few days ago I received a message from Andrew Trevino saying that you have been MEME'd. I apologize for taking so long to do this. I have been so busy with work that I have had a hard time getting my Active Rain fix.
Well here is my life:
I am married to my wonderful wife Darnelle for going on 14 years. At the time we got married my wife had a three year son, Daniel. I am Daniel's Dad a responsibility I was proud to take on. After a few years, Jacob came along and we stopped with two sons.
What little spare time I have has been spent teaching chess and organizing events for the last 12 years. Both of my son's play competitively and have won a few trophies and medals each. My youngest Jacob is the reigning Kindergarten state chess champ. He also plays soccer in two different leagues and nicknamed his right foot: "Thunder Foot" I coach his AYSO team.
My oldest Daniel plays offensive line for the Mililani High School football team. He will be in the court at next week's homecoming parade, which is a big deal in our town.
My wife lovely wife Darnelle is the love of my life and what keeps me going. She is normally an impatient person, but has the patience of a saint when it comes to me. Her e-mail address used to be chesswydow, but changed it to chessmom when the boys started playing also.
I was born in Racine, Wisconsin. I grew up in Logan Square, a neighborhood on the northwest side of Chicago and have lived in Hawaii most of my adult life after moving here at age 21.
1) I hate to wear a tie; a good reason to live in Hawaii. Fortunately in Hawaii, aloha shirts are the closest thing to a tuxedo. I normally wear golf shirts with my name and Century 21 logo embroidered on it.
2) I heavily volunteer in the community and sit on several boards including:
- Commissioner, State Civil Defense Advisory Council
- Vice-chairman, Honolulu Board of Realtors, Leeward Region
- City Affairs Committee, Honolulu Board of Realtors
- President, Hawaii Chess Federation a501(c)3
- Vice-President, Director, Mililani Chess Club a501(c)3
- Coach / Referee, AYSO Youth Soccer
- Vice Chairman, Mililani Drug Free
- Vice President Mililani Garden Homes AOAO
I have also volunteered and sat on boards for several other non-profits and community groups and have been politically active over the years. I also build and donate websites to several school and community groups in my community.
3) I enjoy technology and have been building my own websites for several years. My Treo phone does not have internet. I get to many e-mails and the screen is too small for my liking. I carry a laptop with a Sprint Card along and always have a digital camera with me.
4) I have completed a strict doctor supervised diet to get better control of my health. I lost a little over 175 lbs in 12 months and have now leveled off my weight. From my heaviest weight which was about three years ago I down a little over 210lbs. Since going on the diet I have completely reversed the effects of:
- Sleep Apnea
- Acid reflux
- Back Pain
- Labored breathing
I now hit the gym in the mornings and play an occasion game of basketball or soccer with my son's team.
5) My slogan is "Not Just Another Pretty." That has been my slogan from the beginning. Several folks have suggested that I update it since losing the weight, but I like it and am known by it, so it will stick.
Go for it guys!!
Randy L. Prothero, REALTOR®
Principal Broker, ABR, AHWD, CRS, e-PRO, GRI, MRP, SFR
Island Style Realty Inc.
Team Leader - "The Prothero Group"
Randy Prothero is well established as an expert in working with military / VA clients and first time home buyers. His home seller's (listing) campaign is one of the most aggressive marketing programs in the area.
Based out of Mililani, Hawaii. Randy services the island of Oahu (Honolulu County) Performs mediations and ombudsman services for the Board of Realtors. To improve overall professionalism in his area Randy also offers classes for real estate agents.